Below is the timeline for our adoption. For those not familiar with international adoptions, some of the acronyms won't make sense. But just know they are all milestones in the paper chase and approvals required to bring our little Blossom home.
12/15/2010 Jad and I decide to pursue adoption
02/14/2011 We tell the girls on Valentines Day! Lots of cheers from everyone!
04/01/2011 Signed contract with our agency (Great Wall China Adoption)
06/07/2011 Home Study Approved!
06/27/2011 Submitted I-800 to USCIS
07/05/2011 Requested file for our little girl
07/15/2011 Submitted Letter of Intent (LOI) for our little girl
07/19/2011 Received Pre-Approval (PA) for our daughter
08/26/2011 Received I-800 approval (backflips!)
09/02/2011 Dossier to China! (DTC)
09/05/2011 Log in date (LID)
10/31/2011 Letter Seeking Confirmation (LSC)
11/15/2011 Submitted I-800A and I-864W to USCIS
12/02/2011 I-800A approval
01/20/2012 Article 5
02/17/2012 Travel Approval
04/05/2012 Travel date
04/09/2012 GOTCHA!
04/14/2012 Consulate Appointment
04/19/2012 Home!
Congratulations, beautiful family and loved reading their stories!! Do you mean 2012 on your timeline to Mei?
ReplyDeleteYes, I had wrong dates from Jan of this year. I updated it now. Thanks!
Delete